Thursday, March 12, 2009

My Life is Turning Up

Last Tuesday, we beat Summit High School in BRITE. Thus, we are now advancing to the quarterfinals. I have to say that I was quite impressed with their sportsmanship, especially that of their coach. I could tell that he was not terribly impressed with the performance of his own team, but still he moderated with as much fairness as he possibly could, quite unlike CBA's coach.

My French teacher finally responded to my e-mail day before yesterday about my predicament with the girl who told me that she does not appear to be interested in me. Today, I talked with my teacher after school for a pretty solid half an hour. If anything, my teacher convinced me that I'm not quite as unloved as I thought for the longest time. Even though I feel better than I did that night, I still feel that I'm not going to be over this for a while though. The trouble is that I've never really been this much in love with anyone besides this girl. Yes, she is the second girl I've been infatuated with, but I was over the first rejection with hardly any trouble at all. Somehow, I don't really feel any sort of emotional attraction to anyone else at all.

Anyway, at this point, I think I've officially earned the right to feel good about myself for a change. My motto (for now) is, "I may lack a girlfriend, but that doesn't change the fact that I kick ass at everything I do." Because it's true.

No comments:

Post a Comment